Hoi An City Tour with Boat Trip
Hoi An has been an important port since the 15th century when traders from China, Japan, India, and Holland established shop houses on the banks of the Thu Bon river. The influence of these traders, and the French colonialists who followed, is still evident in the town’s architecture, cuisine and the importance of the river in the lives of local residents.
The town’s famous covered bridge was built by Japanese traders, who believed its construction would slay a dragon that had its head in India, heart in Hoi An and its tail in Japan, and was responsible for earthquakes in Japan.
As the Thu Bon River began to silt up in the 19th century, the port was gradually overshadowed by nearby Da Nang. The town miraculously survived the ravages of the American War, and its remarkably preserved shop houses were declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999.
The town is attracting travelers from around the world, who are drawn to the town’s famous architecture, fine dining and high-class tailors.
Step back in time to Hoi An Ancient Town, a well-preserved historical trading port recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Stroll with your own personal guide down charming streets to key landmarks such as the Japanese Covered Bridge. Learn about the cultural influences of this once-prosperous city and appreciate its current status as a top destination. This half-day walking tour includes a 1,5-hour boat ride and round-trip car transport from your hotel.
We will start the day tour as your suitable time from your hotel. The whole tour will take around 4,5 hours.
(Morning Tour from 8.AM to 12:30 PM - Afternoon Tour : 1:30 PM to 6 PM)
- 8AM: After pick up from your hotel in Hoi An, we'll spend the morning with a walking tour around this enchanting port town. Follow the narrow lanes lined with centuries-old houses influenced by Chinese, Japanese, French and European architectures and visit its numerous places of interest: The Hoi An Museum which shows some of the towns unique history and culture. You will then be taken to see some of the town’s renowned Historical Houses which display outstanding original structure. Afterwards, you will go to the Phuc Kien Assembly Halls of Chinese Influence. Then you will continue onto a handicraft workshop where you can appreciate a true eye-for-detail and finally, on your Hoi An City Tour you will visit the coveted and most noteworthy Japanese Covered Bridge – the 17th century wooden bridge featuring elaborate carvings and a pedestrian walkway and the local fish market as well. Around the town we can see a numerous art galleries and tailors. You can take the opportunity to get fitted for some made-to-order clothes if you would like. After your tour of the town, you'll board a boat and enjoy a 1,5 hour cruise on the Thu Bon river to enjoy the natural views and to observe the daily lives of the local fishing people.
- Return to your hotel by 12:30 PM .
- Half-day private tour of Hoi An Ancient Town
- Learn about the UNESCO-listed city from a personal guide
- See the Japanese Covered Bridge and visit galleries and tailors
- Enjoy a 1,5-hour sightseeing cruise on the Thu Bon River
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by Car included
- Hotel pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Car or minivan with experienced driver
- English-speaking guide,
- Cold bottled mineral water and wet tissue
- All Entrance fees
- Boat trip on Thu Bon river
- Travel insurance
- Gratuity (optional but appreciated)
Tips to bring:
- Fully charged cameras
- Caps/hat or umbrellar
- Comfortable walking shoes or flip-flops
- Cool clothing
- If you are staying in Da Nang City and you want to book a round trip transfer from your hotel, it will cost an additional surcharge of 600.000 VND
- For any instant assistant, last minute bookings and larger bookings please call us or WhatsApp on : +84 905 440 249 (Hoang .Mr)
Tour price: in USD $ /per Pax
- Tour is private , and bigger group upon request. Minimum : 2 persons
- Children under 4: F.O.C; and from 5-11 half of the Adult price.
- Children rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- In case of bad weather, tour will be cancelled. full refund if not done
- Although advance booking are preferred but last minute bookings are also welcome!